This is a totally random day of eating for me – it is in no way an example of perfection, nor is it intended for that purpose. I like to see what other healthy vegetarians/vegans eat in a day for inspiration and personal interest. Sometimes what I eat is super healthy, and sometimes not so much. I try to find a balance. Beside my coffee with breakfast, I only drank water all day. Breakfast – approx. 8:00 a.m.
- Cold coffee with stevia and a splash of almond milk
- 2 slices of toasted Ezekiel bread with half an avocado, raw hemp seeds, and raw pumpkin seeds
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Leftover roasted veggies (eggplant, zucchini, onion, yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes) on a bed of greens
- Sliced banana drizzled with peanut butter sauce (just PB thinned down with water so that I can drizzle it), cocoa roasted peanuts, a sprinkle of hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Two Moms In the Raw Gojiberry Granola Seed Bar
Dinner – approx. 5:30 p.m.
- We were out of town for dinner and went to The Olive Garden. This is a perfect example of bending when necessary and trying to make the best food choices. I had a huge bowl of salad, no croutons, no cheese. I also had 3 – yes, 3 – breadsticks. For my entrée, I had vegetable penne with vegetable primavera without cheese. The sauce was a simple marinara with tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, peppers, and onions.
Snack 3 – approx. 8:00 p.m.
- Huge handful of banana chips from the all-natural store I shop at…they are so addictive
I tried to do a very rough estimate of my calorie total for the day and I think it was in the ballpark of 1900 calories. As far as my carb-fat-protein ratio, I don’t know, I try to have a balance, honestly.
What are some of your favorite easy, healthy meals?